Sunday, April 20, 2008

Thankful...







I have so much to be thankful for, we all do. But, sometimes it's hard to look past all the worries and stress of everyday life and see exactly what we should see. At least that's how I felt the past week or two. I have the most wonderful husband, two beautiful children, and lots of great friends who are as close as family. By all accounts, I should be the happiest person on Earth!

I saw the doctor on Friday, got a ton of antibiotics for my sinus infection, a B12 shot, and apparently the kick in the pants I needed to shake my funk. Later that day, the kids and I went to watch Abby's friend Isabelle play softball.
I spent Saturday with friends letting the kids play, then on Saturday night we had several people over to watch the UFC fight. We ate WAY too much junk, but we had a blast. The kids played, the guys watched the fight, and us girls just relaxed and "kicked it old school" and played a little Pictionary. It was an awesome night.
The kids slept in this morning since they were up late last night, and since Friday night was Matthew's last midnight shift for quite a while, we all got up at the same time! We went outside and played, worked in the yard, and cleaned up a few things outside that needed to be done. By the time we were done it was lunch time, then I gave the kids a bath and put them down for a nap. Matthew and I got to have a little quiet time alone together, then we dropped the kids off at our friends' house and went to see a movie! Yay, us!


Today was the 12th anniversary of our first date.........April 20, 1996 when we went to his Jr. Prom. That seems like a lifetime ago to me, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it. I am an incredibly lucky girl, and for everything I've been given, I am truly thankful.


I could not have imagined a more perfect day than today has been!




2 comments:

Tara said...

That is great you guys had some grown up time to celebrate and family time too! Sounds like a really fun weekend!

Mom of these kids said...

You are right, it is so easy to get down, and forget just how many blessings we have. You are very blessed with a beautiful happy healthy family. I am glad to hear you are doing better.

Hey, was your husband a grandson of the Sligh's??? I think I remember that now that I see a picture of him and think about it.

My first Razorback angel...

My first Razorback angel...
Abigail Elizabeth

My second Razorback angel...

My second Razorback angel...
Ethan Eli

My third Razorback angel...

My third Razorback angel...
Sophia Isabelle