Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cascarones


Well, I was thinking that ever since we got married and moved to the border, we've always had cascarones on Easter. I can't believe I let it slip my mind on our first year away! For those of you who haven't lived on the Mexican border, cascarones are confetti filled eggs that you break over people's heads and the superstition goes that it's supposed to bring you good luck. Anyway, they're tons of fun and kids LOVE them. Here are some pics from the past few Easters and all the fun we've had with cascarones.

Abby's 2nd Easter, but the first one she actually got to participate in!




I love these two...."what was that?"





"What are you doing to me?" If looks could kill....poor Alessandra!



My sweet baby! 2006









These are from 2007. It had been raining for several days and we weren't even sure if we'd be able to go outside because it was COLD....in the 30's I believe which is VERY cold for Del Rio!





Our friends' little boy, Raymon, was very serious about this!




Abby had a blast!





See the store bought ones? Those were the ones I brought! ;)

I'll have to get the laptop out for the ones from last year. I'm too lazy for that right now! More later!





1 comment:

Mom of these kids said...

Oh cool...that looks like fun!!!!

About my friend's book, yes, she is having a book launch party Saturday at her church in LR. I am so excited about it!!

My first Razorback angel...

My first Razorback angel...
Abigail Elizabeth

My second Razorback angel...

My second Razorback angel...
Ethan Eli

My third Razorback angel...

My third Razorback angel...
Sophia Isabelle