Saturday, November 22, 2008

Help me, all you crafters out there!

So, we are moving. Our friends are having a going away party for us next weekend, and I am trying to think of something for my kids' friends to do for them so that we can have a tangible keepsake for us to remember and talk about their friends after we move.

I thought about getting colors and paper and having them draw a picture or something and then me actually snapping pics of them with the kids or actually drawing to put with their creations and put them all into a scrapbook.

Any suggestions, anybody done something similar? Most of the kids are 8 and under so it needs to be simple.

*******

New ideas.....

Ok, so I had another thought.....I remember when I was little all us girls would make t-shirts at sleepovers and we'd all sign them and what-not. Since the shirts seem a little girly to me, what if I did pillowcases? Then the kids could have them to help them remember their friends. Is that a little nuts?

So, I mentioned shirts and pillowcases, but I found this really cool book online called Moving with Kids: 25 ways to Ease Your Family's Transition to a New Home By Lori Collins Burgan, Virginia L. Mason.... (which I plan to get if our tiny Waldenbooks has it, which I'm sure they don't)
Google books has an awesome preview of a couple of chapters. I read through a few and she suggested:

picture book or scrapbook with either just pictures of the kids friends or artwork or letters from their friends

tablecloths that each friend could sign

quilt squares for each friend to decorate or write on

So, what do you think?

(I apologize for the dis-jointed post, but I originally blogged this on Myspace and then added to it before copying it here.)

1 comment:

Mom of these kids said...

I think you could get a book and have the kids all right it, and then take pics at the party of the kids with each friend, and put that picture on their page. I also like signing the pillowcase too.

Good luck with the move!

My first Razorback angel...

My first Razorback angel...
Abigail Elizabeth

My second Razorback angel...

My second Razorback angel...
Ethan Eli

My third Razorback angel...

My third Razorback angel...
Sophia Isabelle